Buying older ISX truck for cash vs "fleet maintained" newer ISX
04-14-2017, (Subject: Buying older ISX truck for cash vs "fleet maintained" newer ISX ) 
RE: Buying older ISX truck for cash vs "fleet maintained" newer ISX
I have an excellent credit rating so borrowed money is pretty cheap for me. I bought a used truck that had 730k on the odometer. I de-mandated it and worked the bugs out of it. I will have it paid of in November and will be saving for an inframe. As soon as I have the money it will be built to our specs and should give me a good amount of trouble free miles with no truck payment. I survived '08 and '09 because I had no truck payment so it makes a big difference.

If I were looking for a truck right now I would look for a good Prostar or equivalent with a blown 871 in it. I have seen them for $7000 on ebay with a rebuildable engine. Rebuild the engine to the Rawze specs and you have a solid plan for a million miles.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , Waterloo

Messages In This Thread
RE: Buying older ISX truck for cash vs "fleet maintained" newer ISX - preacherboy24 - 04-14-2017

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.