Buying older ISX truck for cash vs "fleet maintained" newer ISX
05-06-2017, (Subject: Buying older ISX truck for cash vs "fleet maintained" newer ISX ) 
RE: Buying older ISX truck for cash vs "fleet maintained" newer ISX
(04-13-2017 )JMBT Wrote:  Also I believe the term "fleet maintained" is an oxy moron, right???

It is, but I wonder about fleet trucks that are traded in, just to refresh the fleet, vs truck breaking down all the time. For example, my understanding is a lot of fleets did an early refresh to truck equipped with crash mitigation tech.

(04-27-2017 )dhirocz Wrote:  You can say that again. Got my first truck, a 2010 T2, at 605k. Spent alot of time fixing problems with it in my spare time, maintaining it, etc... Religious oil changes and preventative maintenance. Ate a cam at 685k. Waiting on an inframe now.

This is the heart of what I'm getting at. In your situation, you took care of the truck, but because of previous owners, you are holding an in-frame bill.

It seems to me the smart money would be to just buy a truck with a very used engine, maybe even barely functional, then buy an rebuilt engine from Mr. Hag. Might help 'ya sleep at night knowing exactly what it is you have under the hood.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Buying older ISX truck for cash vs "fleet maintained" newer ISX - Sledge - 05-06-2017

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.