Wheel/axle problem - Tire stripping on passenger rear axle
04-04-2017, (Subject: Wheel/axle problem - Tire stripping on passenger rear axle ) 
Wheel/axle problem - Tire stripping on passenger rear axle
3 months ago I purchased 8 new drives and 2 new steers for my truck. I sent it in for a 3 axle alignment when I noticed my driver side rear axle was a little off. Not that it wore my tires down, when I was following the truck with my personal car I noticed the wheels a little wobbly. The alignment guy said he had to tighten/adjust my bearings on the driver side.

2 months into the new drives the passenger inside tire stripped itself bald. I couldn't afford much so I purchased a recap to get me home. On the way home my passenger outer one stripped itself bald. (By that I mean it took the meat part off and left me with a flat surface). I went in and purchased another recap to get me home.

When I got home, the guy who sold me the tires said it's probably a defect of the tires, he warrantied one of them since I brought it back but couldn't help me with the other.
Yesterday I stripped my inside one again.

I have to ask, what could be the possible reason for this? How the hell are 6 of my tires working fine and suddenly I'm stripping the same 2 tires on the same axle over and over again.
Could it be that my breaks are locking up while I’m driving?

Any help is appreciated. I have posted a picture to explain what I mean by stripping of the tire.

first stripping picture
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
Wheel/axle problem - Tire stripping on passenger rear axle - Crafter - 04-04-2017

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.