Wheel/axle problem - Tire stripping on passenger rear axle
04-21-2017, (Subject: Wheel/axle problem - Tire stripping on passenger rear axle ) 
RE: Wheel/axle problem - Tire stripping on passenger rear axle
(04-05-2017 )Rawze Wrote:  My last set of M710 drive tires lasted me 457,000 miles and still had roughly 5/32 tread on them when I changed them. I changed them because they were slipping in the snow and ice more than i liked.

R283 Steers last me about 140-180k miles. It is that Hendrickson air suspension front-end that takes its toll on steers and gets them with all its rubber joints and bushings. I think they would last longer if it were not for that.

Agree on that front suspension. My Volvo had that airbag setup, I hated it, and ate the crap out of steer tires. My ProStar with the old school springs, I just turned 200,000 on my Michelins, they still look like new. High speed balance and yearly alignment at an old school shop by a very competent tech. Drives are at 100,000 and still look new. I still need to do the bearings...
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Wheel/axle problem - Tire stripping on passenger rear axle - Waterloo - 04-21-2017

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.