Company Guidance / Advice
04-15-2017, (Subject: Company Guidance / Advice ) 
Company Guidance / Advice
I hope this is not an inappropriate topic but with the amount of knowledge here I feel like I can get some quality information that I would greatly appreciate.
I am down to my last week of school and want to keep the process of getting to work smooth and without delay. Due to me being wet behind the ears along with living in Biloxi, MS my options are slim. I definitely want to run flatbed for as long as I can and being 47 yrs old I figure 8 to 10 years. I try to pull as much information as I can find and weigh the good and bad but with the internet you always have to question how accurate the information is to begin with. You can't believe a recruiter cause they are going to tell you what you want to hear. Some companies have done very well to limit information on them via basic google searches and YouTube so there is a lack of information on them. I have read pages and pages of "indeed" employee reviews but who is to say that they don't have a bad attitude because they did something stupid and got into trouble or fired because of it. I have never been a job hopper and don't want to start now so I would very much like to make a good decision being a company driver till I have paid my dues and make it to the point of going owner op.
While I am paying my dues and learning my priorities are money (in a hole), company that I can live with and lastly home time (I'm single and kids are older so can stay out if needed). I am currently looking at: TMC, Maverick, Melton and McElroy

TMC: bad reviews, percentage pay, recruits out of my school, no apu's
Maverick: best reviews, decent pay, epu's, unsure of miles
Melton: Ok reviews, decent pay, apu's, heard of low miles
McElroy: so so reviews, lower pay, weekly home time, heard of low miles

I am not limited to just these but I am a new driver with no experience. I understand that a job is what you make of it and I am here to work. This for me is 100% training to be my own boss, how to drive the truck efficiently, learn the business, keep my cdl clean and build some capital. If anyone can offer any information or suggestions I would appreciate it. I am not asking anyone to bash any company so if you do know of something bad a simple, "I would stay away from xxx" will be more than enough.

Thanks for your time, patience and consideration,
David
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
Company Guidance / Advice - BiloxiDave - 04-15-2017

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.