I found the Ambient Air Temp Sensor! 2008 ProStar...
04-26-2017, (Subject: I found the Ambient Air Temp Sensor! 2008 ProStar... ) 
I found the Ambient Air Temp Sensor! 2008 ProStar...
Like the title says, I found that damn sensor! I have been half heartedly looking for it for a few years... My Pete's and KW's it was dangling off of the mirror support, where they all should be.

I called the dealer, he said it was in my mirror, I took the mirror apart, not there.

I called him back, got the part number and looked it up to see what the hell I was supposed to find... Here is the part number... 3561562C1 Plenty of photos on the internet...

Well, I found it wrapped in electrical tape, off the harness that runs from the driver side to the passenger side, the one that powers your headlamps... It was directly under the radiator, wrapped in electrical tape stuffed up by the driver side hood hinge... And it was WRAPPED. Looks like it came from the factory like that, the yellow tape gave that away. I never would have found it other than the rectangular bulge under the tape. None of it was even exposed, I had to gently dig it out with a utility knife and fresh blade... I thought I was back in surgery, because that is what it took to dig it out.

When it is 30 degrees out, once the truck warms up it reads 41*. Summer time, 70* it reads 100*... From my understanding this is tied into the engine ECM in regards to fueling and what not... Well, I pulled that sensor out, broke out my painless wiring plugs, and moved the damn thing up to the windshield cowl right next to the drivers door... It has a metal clip on it, so it easily secured to the cowl.

I also went and finished the job I screwed up on the cans, still kicking myself! I busted that crap out with a drill and hammer, then power washed the insulation out of them and reinstalled.

Talk about a night and day difference! Just took her for a test drive. Little if any smoke at startup, ran incredibly smooth. Well, she already ran smooth, she just sounded a tad bit better. Was it the cans, probably, but I feel good about moving that sensor out from under the radiator. That could not have been a good thing. International is now placing them in the mirrors... I wonder why?
replyreply
 Thanks given by: marek4792 , barf , Toolguy

Messages In This Thread
I found the Ambient Air Temp Sensor! 2008 ProStar... - Waterloo - 04-26-2017

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.