Tri-Pac not starting after coolant hose blowout...
04-27-2017, (Subject: Tri-Pac not starting after coolant hose blowout... ) 
RE: Tri-Pac not starting after coolant hose blowout...
(04-27-2017 )Waterloo Wrote:  I'm trying to think how I would pull a vacuum on the Tri-Pac? Pull it up front under the hood at the truck's coolant reservoir bottle? The TK manual had the instructions on purging the air, it was as I described using the petcock valve under the thermostat housing. Of course it sounded like a one shot deal prior to the initial start of the motor, but it took four or five tries to get this air out. Now I'm curious as to how to do this, as I know I will be doing this again in the future with my Tri-Pac. It seems to be the weak link in my truck's systems. She is a bit long in the tooth being 10 years old.

Just think of what would happen if you only purge air at the tri-pack and air in the lines went back into the engine in the wrong place. - High risk if you ask me.

Pull vacuum for the whole truck coolant system if they are tied together.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo

Messages In This Thread
RE: Tri-Pac not starting after coolant hose blowout... - Rawze - 04-27-2017

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.