waiting on an inframe...poop.
04-27-2017, (Subject: waiting on an inframe...poop. ) 
waiting on an inframe...poop.
...So in February I go home to run an overhead.

Find the #5 cylinder eating a cam lobe. Disappointing, since I've kept oil changed on a regular basis, run a filter mag and a bypass filter, and it still happened. Understandable, since in the last 15k my oil consumption has gone up, mileage down and I started making soot like crazy. My guess is it's carbon packing.

I'm in a company loaner right now (prostar with a maxxfarce) and have been talking with Jerry and friends about getting an inframe. Company bailed on the help with financing (big shock there) and want me to buy a new truck with a paccar (NO!). Mines almost paid off. Finally got some financing sorted out. This happened at a bad time.

So while it's apart, I figured I would go help with the inframe so I can learn more about the isx's guts and also wanted to have the oil pump shimmed and liners set at .014". Also want to sort out the ECM a bit. Leads me to a couple questions.

Anyone on here use a stainless EGR cooler on their ISX? I'm concerned about dissimilar metals possibly causing a cracking issue, I just want it bulletproof (as much as possible)as far as leaks go. If the ECM is reprogrammed, making temps no longer an issue, can one of these be run safely?

Are there any other things I should be considering for the ISX while it's being inframed, for reliability?

Any concerns with using a 100% aluminum Tig welded radiator? I considered electrolysis, so I'd need to ground the radiator well. I already have stainless tubes.

I'll most likely be able to do just the longblock for now since I'll be paying for this myself.

I swear my truck could have been marketed as a 'build as you go truck kit', lol
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
waiting on an inframe...poop. - dhirocz - 04-27-2017

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.