Oil analysis question?
05-21-2017, (Subject: Oil analysis question? ) 
RE: Oil analysis question?
(05-21-2017 )Rawze Wrote:  
(05-21-2017 )LRT1549 Wrote:  ...

Proper maintenance, and proper oil change intervals DO make a difference.

From the sampling, it Looks like when you started using the 85/140 gear lube, etc. it eventually coated everything and iron dropped way off or was it something else? -- Anyhow, that is a good sign that you are doing something right.

Personally, i think that there is something missing for all oil analysis lab reports. -- The average fuel mileage per sample period. Perhaps even better would be the fuel used by the engine. -- This is indeed one of the most important numbers that the wear metals can be referenced to, as it reflects directly how hard your engine has been working while using that oil. - I have yet to see a lab offer this type of comparison, and it is relevant enough to consider for all of them.

Think about someone who gets 8 mpg, as compared to someone who gets 5 mpg. -- looking at lab results of the oil would tell 2 different stories and someone comparing the 2 without knowing this would conclude that the guy getting 5 mpg has something is wrong.

I am very with you about your last statement.There should be a big difference based on the fuel consumption.At all, there is a lot of unclear things around those samplings, that is way I start this tread. I start doubt it for them.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.