Cm 2350 surging at high idle
05-20-2017, (Subject: Cm 2350 surging at high idle ) 
RE: Cm 2350 surging at high idle
The fuel rail on them rises to pressure "X" then the pump bypasses. After the pressure drops off from use of the fuel down about 200-300 psi or so,.. the fuel pump kicks back in and re-pressurizes the system. It is known as a bypass-charging system. This cycling of the pump and pressure has 2 effects. It causes slightly higher engine load when it kicks in, and as it falls off, it effects injection slightly.

I would imagine that as the engine and systems get older,.. or if you went from 3 pistons to only 2, this fluctuation could get more pronounced. - I doubt there is a complete cure, as it is designed to work that way. Even so, it should be quite subtle, but i would imagine that contaminents, clogged lines, screens, and.or filters, or perhaps moisture or a bit of air in the fuel would make it worse.

Just my own thoughts, I don't own one.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Running rough , JMBT

Messages In This Thread
RE: Cm 2350 surging at high idle - Rawze - 05-20-2017

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.