Coolant in oil (Oil analysis)
05-27-2017, (Subject: Coolant in oil (Oil analysis) ) 
RE: Coolant in oil (Oil analysis)
(05-27-2017 )Makmak Wrote:  I had made a decision to purchase this truck for a said price as long as the oil sample came back good or good as can be as the truck has 600k on second motor. Now, I am concerned. The owner is going to fix repair replace whatever it takes to solve this coolant in oil issue. So I am trying to be proactive and find out myself what the issue can be. The truck is at a shop and they are trying to troubleshoot it.

If you don't yet own this unit, I would highly recommend that an overnight pressure test with the pan removed to eliminate head/gasket/liner issues be performed. It is at the point mileage wise where these issues will begin to show up, and you don't want to be left "holding the bag" requiring an inframe in a couple of months.

edit: Your signature says 450hp, so I'd suggest that head/gasket/liner issues are less likely than a high hp version and I'd still bet on the EGR cooler, but a potential $35k risk vs an overnight cooling system pressure test is a pretty good self assurance policy

User's Signature: Why? Why do I always ask "why?" Because I can't learn or help teach others with "'cause I said so..."
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Makmak

Messages In This Thread
RE: Coolant in oil (Oil analysis) - Hammerhead - 05-27-2017

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.