386 steering wheel revolutions
05-28-2017, (Subject: 386 steering wheel revolutions ) 
RE: 386 steering wheel revolutions
(05-27-2017 )Jlow8649 Wrote:  I got 2.5 to the right but only 1.5 to the left. I think my gearbox is the problem. Are there any adjustments in them? I've took the arm off and still doesn't turn.

bobtail in a big parking lot,... put it in reverse, turn the wheel each way, doing one way at a time ,.. pull the steering wheel like you want to break it off, as hard as you can and hold it very hard while backing up with a quick jerking motion out on the clutch to produce negative torque on the steering components. It takes a lot of force on the steering wheel (both hands hard) and backing up kind of 'medium jerk' to the suspension, (not going forward) to make the poppets adjust on newer model steering boxes.

If the steering wheel gives a bit, then do it again a few times until you can get no more out of it. Do the same for the other direction. -- This will set the poppet valve stop points.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Jlow8649 , snailexpress , Sergiu , DSTdriver

Messages In This Thread
RE: 386 steering wheel revolutions - Rawze - 05-28-2017

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.