CM871 400HP Dyno sheet
06-04-2017, (Subject: CM871 400HP Dyno sheet ) 
RE: CM871 400HP Dyno sheet
(06-03-2017 )Rawze Wrote:  
(06-02-2017 )Vjex Wrote:  ...

I cannot afford a decent truck right now, so my plan is to find one with some life left in it, do a complete egr tune-up and after 2 years or so (if lucky) to have it overhauled and de-mandated. With that much of blowby starting with, can it be reduced and somewhat controlled without having to tear up the engine?

Thanks in advance!

I hear that story over and over and over and over --- IT NEVER WORKS OUT!!!!!

You can't expect to buy something that is at the end of its service life and "wish it" a new one!. Expect to inframe it soon,.. very soon after buying it and if you can't afford that -0-- GO FINANCE SOMETHING NEWER!!!

You Don't buy a "FIXER-UPPER" truck (or house or boat or even a lawn-mower) if you can't afford to "FIX IT UP!". =-- Bad business decision!!!

Get your personal finances in order FIRST -- Tell the old lady to stop spending all you damn money -- GO GET A COMPANY DRIVER JOB IF NEED BE AND SAVE SOME DOE!!!! --- Your going to need it.

I can't tell you how many people I have met who want to/or have just become truck owners that have their head in the clouds,.. when they should be focusing on putting their feet on solid ground instead. -- THEY ALWAYS LOOSE THAT GAME of buying something worn to the bone in the "hopes" of not having any problems for a couple years,.. -- IT NEVER WORKS OUT -- and to top it off --- THEIR FINANCIAL SITUATION DOES NOT IMPROVE ONE DAMN BIT -- because they are chasing problems and downtime the whole time they own the truck,.. then one day -- BOOM-- inframe time and they ain't got 2 cents to put towards it...;-- FIX YOUR FINANCIAL SITUATION!!!!! -- PRIORITY ABOVE ALL -- and if you can't do that --DON'T BOTHER OWNING A TRUCK!!!

Well, I see what you saying.... I shouldn't have wrote my plan, but my situation is not as bad as it seems. I've been an o/o for a while now, buying another truck for cash, will finance overhaul if needed.

All I'm asking is if blowby could be a bit reduced , or in your book 15" of blowby is automatic no-go! Truck had egr cooler, turbo and clutch replaced, dyno shows that most of the horses are still there.

Thanks
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
CM871 400HP Dyno sheet - Vjex - 06-01-2017,
RE: CM871 400HP Dyno sheet - Vjex - 06-04-2017

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.