CM871 400HP Dyno sheet
06-05-2017, (Subject: CM871 400HP Dyno sheet ) 
RE: CM871 400HP Dyno sheet
Quote:Possible, but very doubtful on fresh oil. If it does show coolant contamination on fresh oil the problem is severe! I would say you should have at least 5000miles on the oil to get any kind of decent reading, and 10k would be better. Anything less would be too unreliable IMHO. Oh and this is using a decent lab, not a Speedco special.
If I am looking at a used truck and it has fresh oil in it, I am immediately suspicious. What are they trying to hide?
When I sell a used truck, it has used oil in it, so a diligent purchaser can pull his own samples and know I'm not hiding anything. I've never had anyone do that thorough of an inspection!

Again, very useful information!
Well, someone mentioned that there is a million trucks available to buy. However, half of them a complete junk and the rest have all kind of problems hidden in them. Finding a decent high mileage truck with 10k mile oil in it will be hard, since sellers like to do fresh pm and call it "road worthy".
Thanks
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
CM871 400HP Dyno sheet - Vjex - 06-01-2017,
RE: CM871 400HP Dyno sheet - Vjex - 06-05-2017

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.