CM871 400HP Dyno sheet
06-05-2017, (Subject: CM871 400HP Dyno sheet ) 
RE: CM871 400HP Dyno sheet
(06-05-2017 )Vjex Wrote:  Again, very useful information!
Well, someone mentioned that there is a million trucks available to buy. However, half of them a complete junk and the rest have all kind of problems hidden in them. Finding a decent high mileage truck with 10k mile oil in it will be hard, since sellers like to do fresh pm and call it "road worthy".
Thanks

Million mile engines with emission systems intact are a small percentage of units produced.
Most engines with emission systems demantaded have poor programming, making million mile engines in this category an even smaller percentage.
Engines with emission systems demandated properly are hard to find, because most of them are on this site and we are quite well aware of the advantage we have, and are not likely to get rid of good units just to start the process all over again.

I'm not telling you that they are impossible to find, I'm warning you that they are hard to find. So do your inspections of used trucks carefully and thouroghly. Rawze has an excellent guideline in his book about how to properly inspect a used truck you are considering, I recommend you click the link for his book, even if all you look at is the "truck inspection process" part of it. Look at several trucks, If your inspection does not reject at least one, you are too lenient.

TIP for anybody thinking of becoming an Owner/Operator
Think of this like high end professionals do. Highly intelligent people will deliberately apply for, and go to several job interviews before they go to the interview of the job they really want. They do this to brush up on their interview skills, making them as polished as possible, increasing their odds of success.
So if you've never inspected a truck for purchase before, go to a dealership and waste some salesmans time.
Thoroughly inspect a truck on the the lot, make your list, and don't talk to the salesman, let him talk to or watch you while you inspect a unit or two. Now a salesman is going to his damndest to sell you a truck, this is your interview, your job is to find something on that unit to reject its interest to you.
A tip for this, go inspect a truck you are NOT interested in so you don't get "talked into" buying something you don't want.
When you find that rejectable item, congrats you are polished up and ready to actually begin to look for a unit you want.

Proper planning is the First Step to success. Modern trucks are not like the pre-emissions units where any idiot can just wing it and make it. Nowadays you have to be a special vigilant idiot.

User's Signature: Why? Why do I always ask "why?" Because I can't learn or help teach others with "'cause I said so..."
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo , BobsYourUncle , redbeard , Vjex

Messages In This Thread
CM871 400HP Dyno sheet - Vjex - 06-01-2017,
RE: CM871 400HP Dyno sheet - Hammerhead - 06-05-2017

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.