Possible lift pump problem???
06-14-2017, (Subject: Possible lift pump problem??? ) 
RE: Possible lift pump problem???
(06-14-2017 )tree98 Wrote:  So now do I just start cutting all the wire loom off the harness looking for a broken wire? Could I just run a 12V constant from the battery box and call it a day?

The loom is "split loom", or should be, so you can peel it away. Unless the loom is damaged, the likelihood of internal wire damage inside is quite low. Follow it along looking for obvious damage. The problem is probably at a plug, a bend, or a tie/securement point. Checking the cab connection would be where I would start if you don't find any external loom damage.

Bypassing the wiring harness is a lazy way of fixing the issue. Let's just for prognostications say you do, and your truck starts on fire?
And the reason for the fire was a rub through of the main wiring harness on the power supply line and it starts melting the loom, that then ignites some oil residue and POOF, she's gone! All because you could have found a simple issue that is really a PITA to locate and fix?
I think if you put some honest effort into finding it, you will find the issue.

User's Signature: Why? Why do I always ask "why?" Because I can't learn or help teach others with "'cause I said so..."
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Nilao , fargonaz , Rawze , Wiseman

Messages In This Thread
RE: Possible lift pump problem??? - Hammerhead - 06-14-2017

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.