Cm871 pouring blue smoke out exhaust up hill. Please help
07-06-2017, (Subject: Cm871 pouring blue smoke out exhaust up hill. Please help ) 
RE: Cm871 pouring blue smoke out exhaust up hill. Please help
(07-05-2017 )EdgarLeyva Wrote:  Dozer looks good as new. Ive been runing the truck with it unplugged and been asking it to do a regen everyday some days it will do it some days it wont.

Unplugged dozer = no smoke + boost psi under 35 + 6.5 mpgs.
I know this is not the correct way to fix the problem nor do i want to keep doing this. But anyone have any ideas? Maybe ecm update?

That is because when you unplug it then it goes into a derate.

I don't know what your describing as blue smoke but I can tell you that it is perfectly normal for the truck to smoke like hell (white/bluish smoke) when it does a regen when going up a hill. My truck did this even when the truck was brand spanking new, nothing wrong with the system or engine at all. The smoke would be so bad sometimes that you could not even see the trailer behind you. It is because sometimes fuel will build up in the DPF because it is not hot enough to ignite, then it ignites all at once when you hit a hill or an on-ramp. When it finally does ignite, it is so bad, you can't even see behind you for the cloud of white smoke as it starts to burn, sometimes for several minutes. -- Perfectly normal.

* What is your regen history?

* What is your oil consumption?

* What is your boost and pyro normally?

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Cm871 pouring blue smoke out exhaust up hill. Please help - Rawze - 07-06-2017

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.