Cylinder head wear...
07-06-2017, (Subject: Cylinder head wear... ) 
RE: Cylinder head wear...
If your in that much of a pinch, it sounds like maybe you could put a new cam and rocker in it and run it for a few months, saving money then replace the head later on. Just be really careful installing the cam and keep an eye on the cam bearings after to ensure one does not spin on you. The injector cam is more prone to spinning a bearing when they get really worn out more-so than the valve cam.

Inspect all the other components and definitely take the time to clean out all the cross-channels of the rockers so they get good oil. I would also shim the pump so that you get good oil flow. if you have not done so and run a gallon of gear lube in it too.

Mr. Hag has made some pretty good observations towards oil flow and intake rockers. He showed me a about a month ago the difference between setting the intake rockers to 0.014" vs 0.015". the oil flow is quite a bit better on the intake rockers when they are set to 0.015" and it does not seem to effect fuel mileage in any measurable way on them. I am still up in the air on it, but the oil flow is significantly better when they are set this way. I am going to set my own intake valves at 0.015" next time I do my overhead and see if the fuel mileage is effected on mine.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Hammerhead , dhirocz , Signature620 , AussieISX , hhow55 , gatow900 , Brock , t700 , Waterloo , Toolguy

Messages In This Thread
RE: Cylinder head wear... - Rawze - 07-06-2017
RE: Cylinder head wear... - Unilevers - 09-12-2018,

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.