Cylinder head wear...
07-12-2017, (Subject: Cylinder head wear... ) 
RE: Cylinder head wear...
I gotta tell you guys, this has been an interesting week.
I've been digging into my engine for the last week and a half now. With all the new parts it should run like a champ.
As someone who has built engines before(just not quite as big as an isx), I see why they cost so much to inframe for the labor in a way. At the same time, I'm pretty happy now for the single fact that now I'm familiar with it's guts and how it goes together and comes apart. It's no longer intimidating to me at all and I have the tools to do the work.
I'm still pretty pissed my company put me into this position, I'm just trying to see the light at the end of the tunnel. Oh well. Tomorrow I'm doing the oil cooler for good measure since it's showing signs it's starting to leak, then I'll fire it up. See if that light at the end of the tunnel is a train or not.
I think the hardest part is really dealing with the rusted and broken bolts around the front of the truck that I've had to replace, and all the sockets I broke taking it apart!
I noticed that when I changed my cooling nozzles, they are a different design from the original...upgraded part I guess?

User's Signature: 2010 T2000, CM871, 13spd, 977k, tanker yanker
Overhauled @ 927k
replyreply
 Thanks given by: gatow900

Messages In This Thread
RE: Cylinder head wear... - dhirocz - 07-12-2017
RE: Cylinder head wear... - Unilevers - 09-12-2018,

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.