Waterless Coolant systems...Good or Bad?
02-25-2020, (Subject: Waterless Coolant systems...Good or Bad? ) 
RE: Waterless Coolant systems...Good or Bad?
Rawze,

This is excellent info and thank you for being so detailed.
I do have one question for you!
So what about going back to the zero pressure setup with cooper tubing? As you mentioned, your mind was at a split decision between the idea of having no pressure in the cooling system and the comment which that one mechanic made about possibly boiling water around the sleeves!
Would you still recommend having a self made zero pressure system?
If boiling water is a concern, what are your thoughts on having 60/40 red extended life coolant or even 70/30 in the northern colder states. With these ratios, there would be less water present to worry about and with our engine water pump constantly moving the coolant around, I'd like to think the water wouldn't get much of a chance to boil taking in consideration that the engine fan kicks in at 215F and eng. oil doesn't get passed 230F ever, as is the case on my w900 with isx 2250 heavy crude oil hauler in North Dakota.

Let me know your thoughts on this please. I greatly appreciate and respect all your input and help that you do for us out there.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Waterless Coolant systems...Good or Bad? - E_83 - 02-25-2020

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.