Finding shorts with this?
07-12-2017, (Subject: Finding shorts with this? ) 
Finding shorts with this?

link: https://amzn.to/2VcCky2

Anybody ever use this in our application of big trucks? Did it work well? Im trying to find a short to ground in either my fuel shutoff or my fan circuit and this tool looks to be a real time saver?- and would just be cool to have around it seems

Basically one part of the tool hooks up to say the 12v hookup on tge shutoff solenoid- then a tone gets sent back through the harness and the can be traced with the wand until theres a break in thr circuit

Just concerned about its useability... with the ecm harness off it shouldn't spoke the ecm by sending the tone down say the fan supply circuit or the fuel shut off circuit? Its sending 12v I believe ~Because hypothetically, i should be able to follow that tone until theres a break in the wire hopefully locating the ground to short?

Any thoughts on this? Seems like a fair price. Better than a harness if its a ground out that i could reattach.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
Finding shorts with this? - Kid Rock - 07-12-2017

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.