Why I add 12% (one gallon) of gear lube at every oil change...
12-27-2019, (Subject: Why I add 12% (one gallon) of gear lube at every oil change... ) 
RE: Why I add 12% (one gallon) of gear lube at every oil change...
I’m also running the 2350.... have been for about the last 75k miles. Engine has about 330k on it currently. Plain Jane Rotella T4 15w40 with about 3/4 gal of SuperTech (Walmart brand) gear lube. No need for the added expense of synthetic with shorter intervals.

When I first purchased, I also changed the oil in shorter increments. I went around 5k, 7k, 9k, etc... Worked my way up to changing based off condition and fuel mileage. I’m very easy on the truck and even though the cold season is here and I’ve lost some mileage, the truck will still average 8.3-8.5mpg with the occasional 8.7mpg. Over the warmer months, it was averaging 9-9.2.

I’m currently changing the oil at roughly 15k miles with approx 300ish hrs on it. The oil, although darker, is far from black. Stays very clean throughout the first 7-8k before it begins to slowly change color. BTW I’m at about 1/2-3/4 gallon burn rate between changes after the rings settled in on the new brand of oil. Basically if I fill the oil to the ‘full’ mark on the stick, I wouldn’t have to add during that 15k as it will be within the top half of the ‘cross hatching ‘ on the stick still at the end of the interval.

Those 2350s can be profitable with due diligence so be sure to stay on top of it ! Good luck to ya!
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , dumptruckisx

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why I add 12% (one gallon) of gear lube at every oil change... - SquareOne - 12-27-2019

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.