2003 ISX suggestions needed
07-24-2017, (Subject: 2003 ISX suggestions needed ) 
RE: 2003 ISX suggestions needed
(07-24-2017 )Hammerhead Wrote:  
(07-23-2017 )DDlighttruck Wrote:  Why? Just because, or are they common sensors to fail? So four sensors in all you would recommend replacing?

Hi DD, welcome to the dark side...we will shine the light for ya...lol
An ECM is an Electronic Control Module, or "computer", and like any computer it's only as good as the information you give it, lie to it and put shi#t in, get shithouse lies out. Give it good information and it will have a good reliable output, that simple.
Sensors degrade over time, and after about 200k miles the degradation is enough that the improvements (fuel econ, power, etc.) from new sensors will easily recover the costs of the sensors.
I know you're from Ontario, so if you run south {shop name removed. no longer recommended} and shouldn't be too hard to get to for you. Your wasting your time going to Cummins. If you get out to AB, drop me a line and we'll meet up if I'm around.
As far as your driving style, around here we won't sugar coat it, if you drive hard and constantly want "more", expect to get blasted for it...
Wanting to "pass everything while going uphill" is fine when you're a brain dead company driver, but now that you own it and PAY for the REPAIRS, your new mantra is; I don't care if I'm the last one up the hill, as long as I'm the first one away from the fuel pumps and don't go to the shop for anything other than annual inspections! That's the key to success right there.

I ordered an IMAP, the rear exhaust pressure sensor, and the differential pressure sensor today. I asked about the second sensor on the intake and he wasn't sure about it. The two in the first picture, the one on the right is my IMAP? I'll find out when I pick it up but I'd like to order the other one.

On the second photo, what's the larger pipe going straight down? I believe the other one is to the AC compressor.

Third pic, their are two lines going over to the exhaust pressure sensor. Take both off to clean or just the one steel one?

I finished watching the tune up videos today at a job sight, but it's all focused on the CM871. Mine being a CM870 its on the other side/looks different. Heading in now to look for carb cleaner. Looking forward to tearing into this when I have time.

Thanks, all.

User's Signature: I have no idea what I’m doing and probably need supervising
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2003 ISX suggestions needed - DDlighttruck - 07-24-2017

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.