Boost leak CM870......check engine light?
08-08-2017, (Subject: Boost leak CM870......check engine light? ) 
Boost leak CM870......check engine light?
Got back to work on the truck today. 06 International 9900i with a CM870 ISX. In my last thread I had questions about the turbo leaking oil at the actuator, and I mentioned that I thought I could hear a boost leak from in the cab, but nothing outside next to or around the turbo or any of the intake.

Well...I found the boost leak. The tube that carries the EGR gasses out of the cooler around the back of the engine was BARELY hooked up at the first hose clamp and I could see a gap on the hose with a mirror, one small tug and it came completely off. The engine just had the EGR valve replaced before I bought it, not sure if this was the problem then or if he checked the EGR cooler then and didn't get things hooked back up well. I should have caught it when I cleaned the tubes for the delta P sensor but I didn't. All or most of my boost had to be traveling out of the intake down the egr tube and out at the back of the engine.

I am fixing this first thing in the morning, but it spawned a question in my head tonight. Shouldn't the truck struggling to build any boost have triggered a check engine light or something? Worried that I need to have the truck hooked up and make sure I have a stock tune before I hook it up and start hauling.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze

Messages In This Thread
Boost leak CM870......check engine light? - tlzimmerman - 08-08-2017

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.