Pyro gauge. Inside or Outside? - My thoughts.
07-09-2018, (Subject: Pyro gauge. Inside or Outside? - My thoughts. ) 
RE: Pyro gauge. Inside or Outside? - My thoughts.
(07-09-2018 )redtick Wrote:  If it is clamped to the manifold it's a waste of time and money.... By the time it shows hot, the damage could be already done.

Mount the probe in the exhaust manifold for a true reading.

If the water temp climbs past normal and the oil pressure starts to drop, back off the throttle.

Most of your posts are very informative and helpful to others on here. Thank you for that but this is one I have to disagree with. That is unless you have bad programming in your engine, or you have the HP set so high that it can cause damage in a short period of time. A properly running engine will not be so sensitive and quick to damage itself to what you are describing at all.

Your statements are indicative of a mechanic, or someone who is trying out for truck drag-racing competition. If your own experiences are like this then I feel sorry for your engine. The first post in this thread explains it quite well.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Toolguy

Messages In This Thread
RE: Pyro gauge. Inside or Outside? - My thoughts. - Rawze - 07-09-2018

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.