My opinions on microblue ...
01-17-2019, (Subject: My opinions on microblue ... ) 
RE: My opinions on microblue ...
Hello, new here but happen to run across this Microblu post. I have first hand experience with this as well. After long conversations with Craig, I decided to try this on a couple of pro series race engines I built for a customer. I'm a former engine development engineer for a major Japanese mfg. I have been building and calibrating engines for roughly 20 years, so some of the things I've seen at the OEM level to chase 1-2HP, made me curious about MB coatings.

The short version is, I noticed no benefit in durability or wear characteristics on components like piston skirts, cam journals, bearing surfaces, or camshafts. After a very short run time the coating was all but completely worn away. There was no measurable hp increase due to reduced friction claims, at least on my dyno (eddy current mainline currently). Granted, had it been on my multi-million dollar regenerative A/C AVL engine dyno at R&D, possibly I would have been able to measure .5hp levels. Anyhoo, just wanted to share my story since I ran across it.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Magard , Roysbigtoys , redbeard , Chamberpains , Waterloo , stevesparts , shoe128 , Toolguy

Messages In This Thread
RE: My opinions on microblue ... - spowers1 - 01-17-2019

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.