Cm2350 coolant in fuel system??
08-21-2017, (Subject: Cm2350 coolant in fuel system?? ) 
RE: Cm2350 coolant in fuel system??
(08-21-2017 )Hammerhead Wrote:  
(08-20-2017 )marek4792 Wrote:  For sure! A bad fuel water separator is alot cheaper than a head replacement.. If they aren't 100% sure pressure test the cooling system.
Damn straight skippy! I'd be pressure testing and inspecting to make sure before popping the head! Hell, I'd even buy some testing equipment if I needed to confirm first.
I recently had to do a little investigating of my own and was beginning to think I might have to pull the head. Out of curiosity I asked how long it would take while picking up parts at Cummins, Laura printed and gave a standard copy of a head gasket quote...38hrs!
If he's not doing the job himself, they had best prove that's what needs to be done, not just speculating, especially if it's not a warranty job!

38 hours for a head job, wow and double wow. If coolant leaks into the fuel from within the head its usually the upper injector seal thats leaking and Cummins has a new tool out to repair that without pulling or replacing the head. Involves installing a sealing ring inside the bore which repairs the leak by rolling the cup tighter into the head. The ring stays in place after install. Even if the head needs to be replaced 38 hours is outrageous. Hopefully someone who needs to do a repair like this has other options than Cummins.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , Waterloo

Messages In This Thread
RE: Cm2350 coolant in fuel system?? - Starlight - 08-21-2017
RE: Cm2350 coolant in fuel system?? - Unilevers - 08-21-2017,

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.