CM870 code 259 Fuel shutoff solenoid
08-21-2017, (Subject: CM870 code 259 Fuel shutoff solenoid ) 
CM870 code 259 Fuel shutoff solenoid
Completed the EGR tune up on my CM870, didn't replace any sensors (yet) but did clean them all.....still don't think the truck has as much power as it should after the exhaust leak issue and EGR hooked back up ETC. I have no Check engine light, but the odometer shows 2 faults. Used the diagnostics switch to flash out the code....it flashes 259. Looked that up and that is the fuel shutoff valve. Doing some reading on the internet and what I am seeing is this code happens when the ECM commands the fuel switch closed, and it doesn't drop pressure as anticipated. Some are also saying it comes with a torque de-rate. Now, interestingly enough since I have owned the truck when you turn the key off it does NOT shut the engine off immediately. It takes 4 seconds, and then the truck dies. It never spits or sputters, so I thought it just took that long at key off until the ECM turned off the fuel solenoid. Is that normal or does this sound like related issues? Replacing that solenoid would be simple enough, is that my first step? Also this truck had the stupid PukeDits fuel pressure harness on it with a rheostat. I removed that and restored the OEM wiring. I don't think this should have caused the code and issues, but thought I would throw it out there.

2nd question according to the light flash procedure I have I SHOULD be seeing the CEL flash before the stop engine light to show a new code. The CEL never comes on...does this mean I have a light out or the idiots before me disconnected it? Can that even be done? I haven't had that part of the dash apart yet.

I am starting to yearn for having insite.....should probably just bite the bullet and get it.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
CM870 code 259 Fuel shutoff solenoid - tlzimmerman - 08-21-2017

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.