871. Air compressor
09-01-2017, (Subject: 871. Air compressor ) 
RE: 871. Air compressor
Is the air compressor clicking or is the air dryer clicking? As far as the air compressor on an ISX, they have an air compressor rebuild kit. Basically a new head and gasket, runs around $500, much cheaper than a full compressor by quite a bit and will cure most issues. It is rare for the air compressor to actually fail. It happens, but again it is rare. Normally, the air compressor "knocks" or makes a "hammering" sound, and sounds like sheet, but normal. Clicking though, is normally the air dryer, they have kits to rebuild or replace with a new one.

Which model/brand truck do you have, I forget. On the ProStar, the air dryer is under the cab, so it would be easy to differentiate between the two units. I have seen some trucks where everything is right there together, the reason I ask.

But, if it is the air compressor, I would check the bolts holding the head on the compressor itself to see if any are loose. There is a tightening procedure and torque specs on Quickserve. Sounds like maybe the compressor head gasket may be the issue it it is the compressor clicking, that is where I would start.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Bigstank , barf

Messages In This Thread
871. Air compressor - Bigstank - 09-01-2017,
RE: 871. Air compressor - Waterloo - 09-01-2017

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.