CM 871 Injector Issue
09-09-2017, (Subject: CM 871 Injector Issue ) 
CM 871 Injector Issue
So, I have an 871 that is running rough, hooked up the computer and did the cylinder test and the front bank failed. I swapped the fueling actuators and did the test again. The front bank failed again. It did not follow.

Next I did the cylinder cut out test. It ran on every cylinder by itself except for number 3. I thought that that was a tell tell that the number 3 injector was bad.

I next did the injector leak test.... I got bubbles during the cranking and proceeded to bar the engine over like Rawze video demonstrated and per the service manual. After barring the engine over, the bubble occurred between B and C which indicates #1 injector was leaking. No other injector leaked.

Why during a cylinder cut out test will it Run on #1 (with a bad injector) die on #3. Is it possible that injector 3 is stuck shut and not leak?
Is the cylinder cut out test trustworthy for injection issues? Is the leak test affirmation of injectors good or bad?

Any input Appreciated
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
CM 871 Injector Issue - graysonlogistics - 09-09-2017

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.