Cummins n14
09-12-2017, (Subject: Cummins n14 ) 
Cummins n14
Asking for neighbor/customer. They had a 92 or 94 international which they rolled last year. They took cab off and got one from salvage yard, it's either a 92 or 94 whichever wasn't the year of the chassis. Hired man said it was supposed to just plug in the ecm and work. Turned out he said the plug was on the passenger side of cab. So they had the salvage yard/repair shop wire it up. Bobtail it ran fine, hooked trailer up and no power and thinks it's in a silent derate. Not sure what they have for diagnostic through Cummins but they paid $2500 for it and they didn't have the right cables to hook up to it. So they called me to bring my Chinese stuff over. Here's where it gets interesting, in the cab the plug in is only the size of something bigger than a nickel but smaller than a quarter. I've never seen one like this. Detroit's and cats are same size as what's in my new Pete with isx. Not sure if the older Cummins ran a smaller port? When then went to ecm, we found a nine pin connector but there was no slot for the middle pin so my plug wouldn't work. Next to that was a two prong that fit into one of my cables but we couldn't connect. Any tips? If it matters I'm using inline 6. One thought i was wondering if they cut the nine pin connector off and put newer style on so our cables would work.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
Cummins n14 - Fergie - 09-12-2017
RE: Cummins n14 - PeteMelb - 09-13-2017,
RE: Cummins n14 - Rawze - 09-13-2017,
RE: Cummins n14 - Fergie - 09-13-2017,

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.