changing Vibe dampener 620K, advice?
09-22-2017, (Subject: changing Vibe dampener 620K, advice? ) 
RE: changing Vibe dampener 620K, advice?
I can't help you with the room department, mine is a KW.
When you have the bolts removed, try rotating the damper on the crankshaft before trying to remove to help free it. It won't actually rotate in tight as there is a locating dowel, but it will rock which will help start to free it. Then start 2 bolts back into the threads and work it off the crank. The bolts will prevent it from dropping when it comes free, as it quite heavy and awkward. When you install the new one, lightly emery the crank to ease installing the new one. I put anti-sieze on the crank before installing the new one, I'll let you know if that helped in 5 years, lol.

Take your time, and do a good job painting it. When your red is dry, use a paint marker and mark the "A, B, C, TDC, & Insert Pin" marks in a different color, I used white. Then let that dry and clear coat the crap out of it. You'll thank yourself later when you go to do an overhead and can easily find your marks, trust me!

User's Signature: Why? Why do I always ask "why?" Because I can't learn or help teach others with "'cause I said so..."
replyreply
 Thanks given by: hhow55 , simon999 , JMBT

Messages In This Thread
RE: changing Vibe dampener 620K, advice? - Hammerhead - 09-22-2017

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.