Tripac overhead
09-25-2017, (Subject: Tripac overhead ) 
Tripac overhead
...spent the day at the loves on my back changing cab air bags. Tons of fun but it's done at least. Not too easy without a small enough bottle jack but I did find another use for my chocks.

Sat there for a minute while cussing and looked over at the APU and realized that aside from whatever maintenance and repair has been done to it since I've owned the truck, not much else has likely been ever done to it.

My local thermoking is all but useless. I've had a hell of a time finding parts because the sticker with the engine model number is gone and cannot find information regarding glowplugs, setting the overhead on it, replacing the temp probe in the cab etc... Of course, their solution is 'bring it to us and let us do it' which changes into 'you are better off just buying a new unit' and 'we will take off your old functional unit free of charge but it'll cost you what we would give you as a core'...basically they want to screw me too. Not to mention parts look to be much cheaper elsewhere if you try to get away from their markup.

Any advice? If I can keep this 871 running I don't see why I couldn't do the same with the APU...

User's Signature: 2010 T2000, CM871, 13spd, 977k, tanker yanker
Overhauled @ 927k
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
Tripac overhead - dhirocz - 09-25-2017
RE: Tripac overhead - Waterloo - 09-25-2017,
RE: Tripac overhead - Waterloo - 09-25-2017,
RE: Tripac overhead - dhirocz - 09-25-2017,
RE: Tripac overhead - dhirocz - 09-25-2017,

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.