Upgrading trans heat exchanger to an oil cooler
09-25-2017, (Subject: Upgrading trans heat exchanger to an oil cooler ) 
Upgrading trans heat exchanger to an oil cooler
It's about that time. Gotta fix 3 different things on my list at once. When it rains it pours, eh?

My stock heat exchanger is just that. Stock. And at 700k I know I'm running on borrowed time so I need to get it removed before it causes a serious fuckup.

I want to make sure I understand this right. The kit that Eaton sells comes with what is basically an external oil pump that is used to circulate that fluid through the pump...out to a regular oil cooler.

As an option, I can upgrade further by adding an oil filter boss to the case inline with the pump.

By doing this I can essentially remove the heat exchanger all together so there's no more risk of coolant in my transmission. From what I understand this also increases the torque rating of the transmission, how I do not know.

Correct me if I'm jacked up.

I'm considering buying the pump and filter housing alone and using a heavier duty and more durable cooler and stainless fittings with better quality hose. I figure with the stuff I already have that I can probably get it done cheaper as well. While I'm at it I'm going to put in a new shift tower....the old one is a little sloppy, the bushing kit didn't fix all of it.

Transmission is an RTO-16909 upgraded to 16913.

User's Signature: 2010 T2000, CM871, 13spd, 977k, tanker yanker
Overhauled @ 927k
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
Upgrading trans heat exchanger to an oil cooler - dhirocz - 09-25-2017

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.