Just left the dealership....
10-09-2017, (Subject: Just left the dealership.... ) 
RE: Just left the dealership....
(10-07-2017 )Jamescj212 Wrote:  Well for starters it probably was a good thing to get ripped a new one, im a little butt hurt but ill get over it. It was stuff i needed to hear without question. I cut corners wherever i usually can on new parts. I'm just starting my own wrenching as of the last 30 days, ive worked on my share of things over time, but vehicles really wasn't 1 of them. I'm a millright/certified welder by trade. Working with my hands and back is not foreign to me. Also i do feel very lucky at that point to have stumbled upon this site and on youtube last month. And ever since ive started implementing a preventative maintenance program that was not in place. I'm definitely scared about doing it, not skeptical anymore about the results you all seem to have gotten. Its all appreciated.

If you're a millwright/welder you've got a leg up right off the bat. Millrights are generally really good at being a "Jack of all trades" because they have such a variety of things to maintain and repair.
I used to be terrified of this stupid truck before too. I'm fairly mechanically inclined, but all these actuators, sensors, wires, ECM bullshit intimidated me to no end. Finding this site really boosted my confidence, and made me realize at the end of the day it's still just an internal combustion engine. Rather than levers, plungers, adjuster screws, n such it has a servo or actuator controlling the function, but it still functions the same damn way! It's just controlled differently. It's actually controlled better because most functions have feedback sensors telling the ECM exactly where things are, so precision control is not only better, it's easier. Just learn how to tell the ECM what YOU want it to do, and guess what, it'll do it.
The best part of all, you're not alone. We've all gone through it, at different levels of frustration and learning...and everyone here WANTS to help, all you have to do is ask. All anyone here really asks in return is to share you results so others can learn as well.

We've all lead horses to the water, and hard as we've all tried, most won't drink. Those that do keep comin back for more...you'll see

User's Signature: Why? Why do I always ask "why?" Because I can't learn or help teach others with "'cause I said so..."
replyreply
 Thanks given by: snailexpress , Wiseman , Waterloo , Jamescj212

Messages In This Thread
RE: Just left the dealership.... - Hammerhead - 10-09-2017

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.