dirty Coolant isx cm2250
10-08-2017, (Subject: dirty Coolant isx cm2250 ) 
RE: dirty Coolant isx cm2250
(10-08-2017 )cjcool Wrote:  Peterbilt had the end pipe off the EGR , yes its about 1/4 full of harden soot... or coal looking particles .

All it takes is one flake of that hardened "coal" buildup to go through your turbo and it will destroy it. Nothing to play with, I have seen it a dozen times before. It has the same symptoms as a piece of metal going through the exhaust turbine blades.

If the EGR cooler is full of that 'coal' then it needs to be removed and cleaned out thoroughly or replaced while the turbo is still good. Otherwise, it is a time bomb waiting to cost you an additional $3,000 for a new turbo too.

Another one of those "neglected until something expensive breaks?".

===

as far as coolant getting soot in it,.. pressurize the system over-night to 20 PSI with the back of the EGR cooler open, a pan under it, and see if there is coolant or a heavy wetness buildup in the EGR cooler the next day. -- If soot can go one way,.. the coolant can go the other. It is all a matter of pressure differences.

If that is the case, it has likely partially washed out your DOC and DPF, is getting into your engine oil, and causing a lot more wear than normal everywhere too. It is also likely caked up soot and carbon deposits in ALL the egr circuits and sensors and EGR valve badly too. ALL of it needs to be removed and cleaned out very well (or replaced) to prevent hardened chunks of carbon form destroying your turbo or an intake valve.

===

MOST of the time when coolant gets discolored fast like that, it is a failed engine OIL COOLER, not the egr cooler. It can also be a failed tranny heat exchanger, but the tranny would be full of coolant too. I would check that as well if you have a heat exchanger on the tranny and it is not air cooled.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo , hhow55

Messages In This Thread
RE: dirty Coolant isx cm2250 - Rawze - 10-08-2017

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.