Morning engine warmup??
10-10-2017, (Subject: Morning engine warmup?? ) 
RE: Morning engine warmup??
(10-09-2017 )kryten Wrote:  I had an opposite experience a couple of weeks ago. I had pulled over at the top of a short but steep hill east of Prince George. Hill was just under a mile long but about 1/2 of it is 8% and I was heavy. Did a cool down until my manifold was down to 300 degrees (about 6 or 7 minutes) and just sat there doing nothing for a bit. Along comes a car carrier and stops behind me with a full load of cars. Before i completed thinking the sentence "I wonder how long he'll cool down" he had switched off. I always find it amazing how much more abuse a company truck can take over an O/O truck.

I shake my head at that shi#t too.
Agreed, bizarre how company trucks get the crap abused out of 'em and they keep right on tickin...
If I tried that with mine, it would probably blow up next week.
Warmin up and coolin down is much cheaper. It's worked for me so far, so why change it now?

User's Signature: Why? Why do I always ask "why?" Because I can't learn or help teach others with "'cause I said so..."
replyreply
 Thanks given by: JMBT , Waterloo

Messages In This Thread
Morning engine warmup?? - JMBT - 10-09-2017,
RE: Morning engine warmup?? - Hammerhead - 10-10-2017

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.