Fan clutch and hub
10-10-2017, (Subject: Fan clutch and hub ) 
Fan clutch and hub
So at 630K a check of the thickness of my fan clutch liner, from the outside, shows it still has plenty of wear left. When I remove the belt the hub bearings also show no signs of excess play. However, I am preparing to do the vibe dampner and since I will be removing most everything on the front of the truck, and as it looks like it would be a bitch to service the fan without, I am thinking of just going ahead and resetting the clock on the fan. I have been doing some research into fan clutch and hub rebuild kits and such. The rebuild process doesn't look too bad. Kit masters has you tube videos on the rebuild of the clutch and hub, and I think my little harbor freight "cheapy" press will be more than sufficient for pressing the bearings in and out of the hub.

My questions: Rebuild the clutch and hub, new seals, liner, and hub bearings? Or replace with a new complete unit?

Also, has anyone used kit masters for purchasing a rebuild kit? What did you think?

If replacing, stay with Kysor/Borg Warner? or convert to something else? Horton?

User's Signature: Anti-seize EVERYTHING, Except injectors...Use Petroleum Jelly!!!
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
Fan clutch and hub - JMBT - 10-10-2017
RE: Fan clutch and hub - JMBT - 10-11-2017,
RE: Fan clutch and hub - Rawze - 10-11-2017,
RE: Fan clutch and hub - Brock - 10-11-2017,
RE: Fan clutch and hub - JMBT - 10-11-2017,
RE: Fan clutch and hub - Brock - 10-11-2017,
RE: Fan clutch and hub - Nilao - 10-11-2017,

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.