Disappearing Coolant
03-19-2016, (Subject: Disappearing Coolant ) 
RE: Disappearing Coolant
(03-19-2016 )DrivingZiggy Wrote:  I haven't kept strict track of how much I'm losing. Probably about a gallon a month, but I also probably do many fewer miles than most here. I will be checking the bunk heater first, then tightening the hoses second. I think it could be the bunk heater though, because I remember that I smelled the coolant when I used it this winter.

Besides that, I'm guessing it's time to do the tune up?

I'm also due for doing all the boxes. I was thinking 350K, but I've been noticing that the shifting doesn't go as smoothly as it used to.

Tighten the hose clamps, it will take you longer to find the 5/16 and 7/16 socket/ratchet than it will to tighten them all... Which is probably your issue at 1 gallon a month... That I would not worry about...

Yes, do the tune up, it is a yearly thing, not a mileage thing. I drive roughly 80,000 miles a year... A month after doing the tune up, I did the @m*m^2, and I used another half a case of carb cleaner to clean up what had just been done... These motors are soot monsters!

The boxes, drop the fluid every 200,000 miles, use the OEM recommended gear lube, you aren't driving a race car. You need the additive package, not the sales pitch. JUST SAYING... LOL! Because I used to buy all the hype, this lube, that lube, a gauge on the dash will make you go faster! LOL! Been there, done that, this is my livelihood, I'm not out here to impress anyone.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Disappearing Coolant - Waterloo - 03-19-2016
RE: Disappearing Coolant - Unilevers - 04-24-2016,

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.