653 Detroit
10-10-2017, (Subject: 653 Detroit ) 
653 Detroit
Well I know this is way out to left field ,lol
Is there any old school Detroit guys out there ?
I bought a old skidder with a 653 in her ...
It sat for I don't know how many years . We threw a battery in it and it fried right up , no ether and in about 5 secs ..... Here's where it starts to get interesting...
It would run " no tach " around 1500 at a idle . So I used the go pedal and the fuel shut off to control the rpm and loaded a few extra things and the skidder .
Got the skidder home , started to go though it , just simple stuff. Wachted a YouTube video on the governed and found the low idie adj . So I set the rack and backed down the idie and it ran like a dream . I pushed out some crap in a pen . It felt like it was staving for fuel . So I was busy anyway and shut it down .
Well today I grased the whole thing , changed hyd fliud took the kids for a ride ,let Her warm up . It was running real good so I decided to play with it a little bit . I went a 1/2 mile down the road , in high gear . It run like a champ . I slowed down to go into my pasture , though a ditch and fine ..... Then it was running wide open with no thottle Input , I grabed the shutoff and ideled it down and it stalled . The. It would not start , almost like no fuel , then Wide open . This happened a few times so I took it home and shut it off .
I am thinking this is all in the governer, but I know nothing about them . So if anyone has played with these PLEASE help .
Thanks

Attached File(s)Thumbnail(s)

User's Signature: The missing link
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
653 Detroit - the missing link - 10-10-2017
RE: 653 Detroit - Mr Hagg - 10-11-2017,
RE: 653 Detroit - Mr Hagg - 10-11-2017,

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.