Wait...my CAC is how much?!?
10-12-2017, (Subject: Wait...my CAC is how much?!? ) 
RE: Wait...my CAC is how much?!?
(10-12-2017 )dhirocz Wrote:  ...
How many tubes compared to OEM?
Thermal efficiency compared to OEM?
Pressure drop across the core vs OEM?
How were these tests conducted and to what standard were they compared?

The man had no answer. An engineer at that. I can't fathom how you wouldn't know that with

Sad part is that I asked those same questions 2 years ago before I knew anything about their products when they were spam e-mailing me to push their units on my forum,....

I got no response other than "We'll get back with you". All i could think to myself was,.. How can they design a commercial product and not know or test the very performance characteristics that count the most?. - i mean think about it,.. So their unit lasts 10 years,.. but in that span, you loose 0.2 - 0.3 mpg and that is $30,000 in fuel losses (fuel cost more a couple years ago, but even so) in that 10 year span. I would think that it be MUCH MUCH cheaper to replace the OEM once, hell even twice, in that period of time. - That was my thinking way back then,.. and still is today,. Sorry, but the "toughness" don't add up in efficiency losses over the timespan to replace the OEM unit for the average truck.

It has nothing to do with it working well for someone and lasting a longer time, that was never in question. Brock does have a good point about people needing an alternative if they have a special need or are looking at a lot more pressure than the factory units, nothing worng with that, but like others have said,,.. that is for the trucks of yester-year and just like the liquid with all the oil stiop leak in it,.. I am sure that came in real handy in the days of oil guzzling old clunky CDI engines, but with todays tighter tolerances, it is pretty much almost downright harmful this point to dump it into your oil.

Some things have application, even a 'tougher' CAC,.. but does it actually apply to what you are doing at the estimated cost of $2600/year in fuel losses? -- Most of the time these days that would be a NO.

If I were hauling junk in and out of a quarry, twisting my frame around all day, and the OEM unit was breaking every time I turned around, or was getting damaged by debris all the damn time, you had best bet I would swing the other way, because the costs would work out differently. My point in the end is to get people thinking past all the bulls#it advertizing and sales-pitch, because it is only a tactic to divert you away from what it is really going to cost you in the end.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: hhow55 , Brock , dhirocz , JMBT , Waterloo , Chamberpains , amermextrucker , Toolguy

Messages In This Thread
RE: Wait...my CAC is how much?!? - Rawze - 10-12-2017

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.