Wait...my CAC is how much?!?
10-12-2017, (Subject: Wait...my CAC is how much?!? ) 
RE: Wait...my CAC is how much?!?
Actually I agree with you all.

I'm not here to bash anyone. Hell, in my life I've bought plenty of aftermarket parts. But some just suck, and some are true improvements, and most fall somewhere in between.

As a business major and someone who is tired of the bullshit I've seen, I cannot blindly accept what a business is telling me until I verify things for myself. I get burned every time I do that. I might be a little paranoid but I'm ok with that.

I agree, their main focus is a more durable cooler, and some people may need that...my point is that it appears to me that durability is traded for efficiency based on my limited observation. I am not bashing on them, in fact, if they had an option for a larger OEM fit cooler with improved fin density to restore what I'm seeing as a probable loss of thermal efficiency, even if it was more expensive, I'd probably go that route.

I just call it as I see it. I have never even held one. While I'm sure it's a nice piece...I'm picky, and there is no testing, no scientific data or anything to warrant me saying anything more than 'it appears more durable'. I merely wanted answers to some of my other requirements in a CAC so I could make a better decision. I'd hate to try to save $300 to find out I shot my foot because I didn't do my homework beforehand and now my engine hates it, etc...

I could most likely put one on, keep boost levels low and never have to worry about it again...but without having that actual test data, I really don't know how big the risk is. Im not saying an OEM is superior either...but it was what the engine was designed to use as well. Lots of things to consider.

User's Signature: 2010 T2000, CM871, 13spd, 977k, tanker yanker
Overhauled @ 927k
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Brock , JMBT , Rawze , Waterloo

Messages In This Thread
RE: Wait...my CAC is how much?!? - dhirocz - 10-12-2017

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.