Wait...my CAC is how much?!?
10-14-2017, (Subject: Wait...my CAC is how much?!? ) 
RE: Wait...my CAC is how much?!?
Waterloo and Dhirocz, I think you guys both made a wise choice with the OEM’s! Also glad to hear you are both getting the bad ones off before they take out your turbos. $1200-1500, is a no brainer compaired to $4400 for a NEW cummins turbo, + a possible tow home from wherever you might be. Fuel Econ isn’t all a bad CAC is risking, that “too much boost” can quickly turn into an endless cycle of the ECM, asking for boost then overspooling the turbo, then quickly cutting boost to compensate, then realizing it needs boost and overspooling the turbo, ....and on and on until the turbo pops. All while you hold your foot completely still on the accelerator!
You can pick up a cheap CAC test kit on Amazon for about $170. I made one a while back and it worked great for a few times. Then one day, one of the ends gave way and shot across the shop with only 10 psi applied, so I broke down and bought a real one. I test my CAC every time I have the piping off for any reason.
Also, Rawze told me once not to force the new CAC onto the mounts, and if they seem too tight tweak them a little if you have to so the new CAC isn’t in a bind from the get go!! Good luck!

User's Signature: Anti-seize EVERYTHING, Except injectors...Use Petroleum Jelly!!!
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo , Rawze , dhirocz , Toolguy

Messages In This Thread
RE: Wait...my CAC is how much?!? - JMBT - 10-14-2017

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.