Started erg tune today
10-17-2017, (Subject: Started erg tune today ) 
RE: Started erg tune today
(10-16-2017 )Ragindirt Wrote:  10-4, thanks

PT'ing coolant system tonight so I didn't fully get doser off ( had to grind off exhaust support bolts; Damn tight under there..found a leak though on tranny cooler line). Wish I would have taken a picture before I closed hood; so anyway it has a perfectly round hole in center and what looks like an 'impact carter' around circumference of injection hole. At 701+ miles would you go the extra step and change doser nipple. I have time to drain system and pull and repairs before I hit the road again.
Coolant system after finding leak has held at 14 psi for the past 5 hours, so I am leading to the conclusion as other on here it may have been missing a regen or under/over dosing.
What your thoughts Rawze!
175.00 for a bake job on dpf today; other then soot dpf was in good shape. Will get into late winter then mm

Should bake and flow test the DOC too. Make sure they are both clean and in good shape.

DO NOT use water to clean out the DPF, DOC, etc. It washes the chemicals out of them and weakens them. After a couple times of this, they are defunct and hard to get to regen. Seen this many times.

it is not so much the PSI of the cooling system when your testing it so much as the wetness in the back of the EGR cooler and other places you need to check for.

if the Doser is more than 250k old, replace it if it was cached up that badly. It is not likely spraying very well, or it is leaking fuel.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Started erg tune today - Rawze - 10-17-2017

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.