Cummins ISX15 2013 won't start and cranks over and turns off right away
11-02-2017, (Subject: Cummins ISX15 2013 won't start and cranks over and turns off right away ) 
RE: Cummins ISX15 2013 won't start and cranks over and turns off right away
Okay so I called a mobile guy to come down told me he would charge $200 bucks to come down and then $100hr after that. He hooked his computer he had which was not Insite but another program and told me that a code 61549227.. and that he couldn't do anything and that I had to tow the truck to dealer... I looked online and all I can find is if I break the numbers down. I dont know if whatever he was seeing was different because of the program. I am investing in my own insite except its going to take another 2 weeks arrive.

If anyone can help that would be wonderful otherwise. I will have to call Motor Trucks who is a International truck dealer here.. Hopefully I don't end up spending as much as I would just swapping the engines out...

I have also changed both Cam position sensors because there cheap.. I found oil on both of them but they looked fine.

I changed all diesel filters now

-I tried starting fluid again.

- I know that if I cycle the key about 5 times it starts for 2-3 seconds longer

-I also am thinking about changing the Fuel solenoid on the fuel pump.

I am changing the Egr differential pressure sensor because when I broke the code up and I found code 615 I googled it and found EGR Valve Delta Pressure sensor-shorted
I changed this about 8 months ago with the IMap sensor which I will change also.

I know if I had Insite that I would be way better off but even when I called the dealers there so busy to come out they told me it would take over a week to come out..

and I understand that some people might think its stupid to throw parts at it but that basically what the dealers do anyways. why not buy your parts online for a quarter of the price from reliable buyers who actually sell millions of things with good reviews.

I bought both cam sensors for $40 bucks
The fuel solenoid is around $125 bucks
IMap sensor is about 20-30 bucks
EGR differential sensor is like 40 bucks if i got it send to a dealer I would be pay atleast twice the price if not more and plus all the labour I would be in the grands just for a small thing.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Cummins ISX15 2013 won't start and cranks over and turns off right away - Shokar92 - 11-02-2017

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.