Here’s where I am at, what would you guys do?
11-12-2017, (Subject: Here’s where I am at, what would you guys do? ) 
Here’s where I am at, what would you guys do?
[attachment=3271]My brother and I have removed the whole front structure of the truck and removed the vibe dampner for replacement. It all went well. The pulley in front of the dampner gave the biggest fight but light tapping with a medium pickle fork between the pulley and dampner all around the assembly by barring over the motor for access to all points, separated the two and slid the pulley free of the shaft. The dampner followed without prying but required cleaning the crank nose with emery cloth to be pulled free.
Now that I am here, upon inspecting the front main seal it appears to have leaked a bit at some point but is not wet now, and looks like it has been dry quit a while.

Do I buy the tool for $255 and change it? Or let it ride since it doesn’t seem to have leaked for a long time, (all the dirt around it was bone dry).

Attached File(s)Thumbnail(s)

User's Signature: Anti-seize EVERYTHING, Except injectors...Use Petroleum Jelly!!!
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
Here’s where I am at, what would you guys do? - JMBT - 11-12-2017

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.