Poly bushings
11-14-2017, (Subject: Poly bushings ) 
Poly bushings
Got a new set of front springs in for my truck. No bushings. Figures.

Since I'm rebuilding the steer axle soon, I figured this would be a good time to consider poly. What I know of poly from personal experience is that is can be both a blessing and a curse...they are alot more durable than rubber, and stiffer, so while they may last longer and help minimize suspension slop, poly in certain places...like spring eyes, motor mounts and cab bushings...can make for a harsher ride. I also know if they get dry or are installed dry, they bind and creek like mad as the suspension moves.

I could see a benefit from something like hood pins (durability) and torque rod bushings. I'm going to end up replacing the bushings and pins either way, and my current units are used up and ungreasable so I don't mind upgrading if durability improves.

Who has used these and how do you like them? Where did you install yours? Do you use regular grease or a tube of polyurethane grease to lube yours?

User's Signature: 2010 T2000, CM871, 13spd, 977k, tanker yanker
Overhauled @ 927k
replyreply
 Thanks given by: fargonaz

Messages In This Thread
Poly bushings - dhirocz - 11-14-2017
RE: Poly bushings - Rawze - 11-15-2017,
RE: Poly bushings - dhirocz - 11-15-2017,
RE: Poly bushings - Brock - 11-15-2017,
RE: Poly bushings - Hammerhead - 11-16-2017,
RE: Poly bushings - Waterloo - 11-17-2017,
RE: Poly bushings - Hammerhead - 11-17-2017,
RE: Poly bushings - Hammerhead - 11-17-2017,

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.