Poly bushings
11-17-2017, (Subject: Poly bushings ) 
RE: Poly bushings
(11-16-2017 )ZeroNthedark Wrote:  Hammer- how do like that suspension? I've got the Haulmaxx, and with the great roads here it's a rough day. I believe that Hendrickson offers the Primaxx as a bolt-in replacement and I'm seriously considering doing it.

IMHO the Primax doesn't ride as well as the Neway, but then again the Neway's I've drove aren't setback front axles, so not really a fair comparison.
It rides better than the KW 8 bag in the otherwise exact same truck.
I find it quite stable, even with really abnoxious loads. The Neway's that I thought are more stable also have right and left side leveling valves, so that isn't a fair comparison because I did that to an old Pete with Air-Trac and the change was noticeable.

Here is the two things I cannot stress enough about the Primax

1) It is a true 4 link suspension. 4 links build traction under torque by their very design, if you do any off-road, traction issue type of work, this is a major advantage. I have been in shi#t that I can't believe I made it through with this truck that I know my previous trucks would not have done.
2) If you do multi-axle work and have to "drop your jeep and chain up" frequently, it can be an expensive suspension to maintain. That's why I kept shifting the OEM style tie rods, ugly work loads/conditions with 70k on the drives...these "ball" type just take it.

I would really like to try a Neway suspension truck spec'd the same as this one to see if it really is the back end or the front end that makes the difference on the ones I've drove...

Short version, I love its traction ability, I'm not sure if I'm just delusional about the ride part, because it's never been a "true comparison".

User's Signature: Why? Why do I always ask "why?" Because I can't learn or help teach others with "'cause I said so..."
replyreply
 Thanks given by: ZeroNthedark

Messages In This Thread
Poly bushings - dhirocz - 11-14-2017,
RE: Poly bushings - Rawze - 11-15-2017,
RE: Poly bushings - dhirocz - 11-15-2017,
RE: Poly bushings - Brock - 11-15-2017,
RE: Poly bushings - Hammerhead - 11-16-2017,
RE: Poly bushings - Waterloo - 11-17-2017,
RE: Poly bushings - Hammerhead - 11-17-2017,
RE: Poly bushings - Hammerhead - 11-17-2017

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.