Need ideas on a 871
11-17-2017, (Subject: Need ideas on a 871 ) 
RE: Need ideas on a 871
Up to about $10-15k is fine in my book for something that does not have a hole in the block + will crank, even if the engine is in dire need of an inframe. Of course, that is only if you are looking for something to inframe yourself the day you buy it + plan on dropping another $20k in parts on it before its ready for prime time again.

- Prostars are money-makers for sure. Your investment is never wasted with one if you know how to drive them right for high profits. As well, the CM871 is what I would consider the last of the 'good' engine the red engine maker has made out there if re-built the way its recommended on this site. Anything newer is a lot more problematic and prone to much higher operating costs long term.

As well,. you are going to want to have the ECM re-programmed/looked at by Mr. Hag, Unilevers, or Gearhead. god only knows what kind of programming it has in it as is with that Delta-P disconnected. Could be anything in there.
==

$15k for a truck with CM871 .. willing to do most of the work yourself including the inframe ... $20k in parts (includes inframe, turbo, etc.etc. whatever it needs to get it right) .. = $35k for a money maker ready for dry/reefer freight. A no brainer for a decent truck. Only trouble it the money spent up front + the several weeks of downtime before it is put into service.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: hhow55 , Waterloo , dhirocz , tony97905 , Nostalgic , RTRUCKING48 , victory26 , BobsYourUncle , stevesparts , Signature620 , t700 , Volvo8873 , serv , rrod

Messages In This Thread
RE: Need ideas on a 871 - Rawze - 11-17-2017

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.