S.A.S. Signal j1939 shuts down a truck?
11-19-2017, (Subject: S.A.S. Signal j1939 shuts down a truck? ) 
RE: S.A.S. Signal j1939 shuts down a truck?
Check the SAS (Steering Angle Sensor) wiring in the steering column. It could be pinched if you have a collapsible column. I've never heard of that sensor shutting down the engine though. All that sensor does is compare the angle of the steering wheel with the expected input from the abs sensors on the wheels. It has a tolerance of approx 10 degrees. My friend had his steering box replaced and kept getting SAS codes. Once I hooked up wabco abs software it was reading -360 degrees. All it took to fix that issue was unbolting the steering shaft from the gearbox and spinning the wheel one full revolution to get wabco to say it was at 0 degrees with the tires pointed straight ahead. That fixed his whole issue. Your issue is the SAS sensor on the steering column is not sending any info to the abs controller. So either the wiring has been pinched and broken or the sensor itself is not communicating with the abs system.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Kid Rock , scottydogtruck , Hammerhead , gatow900 , BobsYourUncle , fargonaz , Rawze , Starlight , hhow55 , stevesparts , ktbtrucking , cspence478

Messages In This Thread
RE: S.A.S. Signal j1939 shuts down a truck? - Nilao - 11-19-2017

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.